Friday, December 05, 2008

Tagged?

It's been too long since I last posted. And there's so much to say! I could write about
  • the Pound Cake Disaster
  • the Terrible Thumb Trickery
  • Sleeve Issues
  • what I've been knitting
  • my new pattern on Ravlery
but no, I tell myself I should really write a post about Knit From Your Shelf 2009. Because, it's time to remind those of you insane enough to think this is a good idea that we have 26 days left to plot out our first project. I've not gotten around to writing that post yet.

Because TwistedinStitches tagged me. Otherwise, I'd be knitting right now and doing things other than staring at this computer and typing.

Sigh.

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random, arbitrary things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Thing One and Thing Two are done. Six random, arbitrary things?
  1. I don't do random and arbitrary. It's not in my genes. I'm sure there will be a trend in what is to come, but I'm not writing them down beforehand and selecting them. It's as random as I get.
  2. I have sold FOUR original designs this year.
  3. I own a sewing machine and know how to use it. I'd just rather not. At this time of year, there are Christmas PJs to make.
  4. I bake bread from scratch without recourse to a recipe or measuring implements. It's edible.
  5. I love parsing sentences and diagramming them, and even have a small job doing just that.
  6. I can't draw worth a hoot. Or beans. Or whatever goes for next to nothing in this economy.
Tag six people? Oh dear. I'm not a tagger, and so shall decree all who wish to participate in this after reading my blog, or those who don't want to participate but wish they'd been tagged, to consider themselves tagged.

Now, those of you who are going to Knit From Your Shelf 2009 ... fess up and join in! I will stretch my abilities and pop in a sidebar with a list of who is setting this worthy goal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are making your own bread from SCRATCH? I have a bread machine, does that count? I use it probably 3 times a month though, to be honest.

:)

Okay, Knit From Your Shelf 2009 goal #1 and first book to pick from my shelf is Eesti Kindakirjad (Estonian Mitten book, IN Estonian language) I reserve the right to translate, concoct or otherwise devise my own mitten or sock pattern from the many, many Estonian graphs given. They have twisty cuffs BTW....GRIN I feel another year of mittens and socks coming on...but I reserve the right to change that as well...GRIN

AND


You LIKE diagramming sentences...? REALLY???!

Pensguys said...

I'm afraid to sign up for this! LOL Do patterns I've printed out already count as "from my shelf"? I get so inticed with patterns I see online. Just now I've learned entrelac and am knitting a scarf....and I knit some Fetching mitts. I will have to stay off of Ravelry if I want to do this. Hmm....let me think about this. Maybe get my plan together by going through my books?

And I LOVE diagramming too. :)