|One sleeve blocked, one sleeve not.|
Then I got the sweater nice and wet, let it soak, spun it to dampness in the washer, and popped it on my wooly board. (Thanks, mom!) It was so nice outside that I stuck the board under a tree and got some more photos. Now I can look forward to fall, when it will be sweater-wearing season once more! Yesterday was 85 degrees .... not sweater-wearing season.
Next, I bring you some mitten photos. (Disclaimer: I didn't knit them) These mittens were found in the bottom of a box of non-descript things at an auction. They're quite felted, well-worn, personalized, and have absolutely no provenance.
A few things struck me about them.
- The ribbing is k1tbl, p1, rather than the more typical k1, p1. Once I get my bookshelf, I will have to fish out my Norwegian books to see if this is a common thing that I just haven't met before.
- The numbers and initials were worked so that they are upside down, with respect to the wrist. Sanquhar gloves and just about all the writing that I've seen on knitting is worked so that the bottom of the number/letter is closest to the hem/cuff, not the fingertips/top.
- The decreases at the top were all worked k2tog, AND there is a decent swatch of speckled pattern between them.
With the arrival of springsummer, reseeding work on The Construction Zone has begun. We're still waiting to have our miniature 'ravine' filled in. Word has it that it will happen shortly -- the thunderstorms today kind of nixed a 'today' date, but it shouldn't be long. Yesterday, the truck with dirt parked right in front of our ravine and we watched them tote tractor-fulls of dirt to other parts of town all day.
Until next week!