Wednesday, June 13, 2007

This Week in Baseball

Admittedly, a bit late, but still ... last Monday, en route to a game, I cast on for the sock at the far left of this photo. Three games and one Monday afternoon later, I cast on for the sock at the far right.

We're leaving for a game in about an hour, and I seriously need to find two more almost matched partial balls so I will have sufficient knitting for the game.

The record is 2 and 1, and rumor has it the team we are playing tonight has some serious hitters, and will hopefully lose one game this season so their heads don't get too big. I think that means we should be happy if we keep them under 40 runs.

What can I say? I like being happy.

I have now used all my new kitchen tools. Homemade corn tortillas have been pronounced delicious, my grain mill motor is a delight to use, and gluten-free pasta is now available with a bit of time and cranking. I've enlisted Filius to build a drying rack for me. Lehmans has one in their catalog, but one made of K'Nex should suit me just fine.

I've been reading a good bit lately, and think I will plop a list in the sidebar of my summer reading. They're not Great Books, but they are getting read. Now, if I can just figure out how to DISCUSS them with my young bibliophiles, all will be well. And if I can't ... all will still be well.

Now, as to that Green Thing. Here it is, in all its Green Splendor.

3 comments:

Carissa said...

You're sure getting a lot of sock knitting done!

Anonymous said...

It is true, Carissa. She is a virtual sockathon.

I love the banner! How nice for all of you.

Theresa said...

So, what will the green thing in all its green splendor be?! LOL What type of grain mill did you get? I'm looking at purchasing one next spring.