Then the dog curled up next to her and used her for a pillow. 30 stitches were safely picked back up onto the needles.
Then a cup of tea got spilled in her immediate vicinity, and she caught some splash. Fortunately, it was late in the day and at least 4 pots of tea had been brewed from the tablespoon of leaves, so the tea was very light in color. I used a towel to absorb the possible 1/2t that landed on her, and will see if that was a bad idea when I wash and block her.
Queen Susan saw a tire repair shop, a dentist's office, and choir practice this week. She's becoming quite well-travelled.
In other news
- My 3rd and 4th batches of Kombucha are still brewing. Tomorrow is tasting day
- I ordered a 2.5 gallon crock for MORE Kombucha brewing. The natives are restless on their short rations and look forward to a less limited supply.
- The entire first batch of sauerkraut disappeared (into tummies) and a second batch will be ready tomorrow.
- We picked a dozen spears of asparagus yesterday and will pick at least that much today.
- No one rear-ended us this week.
- Tomorrow should be shoe-shopping for Filia.
- I really have no excuse not to start some sourdough starter. I have rye berries, I have water, I have a 2 qt ceramic pot...