Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Queen Susan - Creeping Along

Queen Susan had an interesting week. First, she got worked on in a small window of opportunity between 'mittens finished' and 'awaiting pattern clarification' on another project. This resulted in about 3 rounds getting done. Ooooh, 3 whole rounds!

Then the dog curled up next to her and used her for a pillow. 30 stitches were safely picked back up onto the needles.

Then a cup of tea got spilled in her immediate vicinity, and she caught some splash. Fortunately, it was late in the day and at least 4 pots of tea had been brewed from the tablespoon of leaves, so the tea was very light in color. I used a towel to absorb the possible 1/2t that landed on her, and will see if that was a bad idea when I wash and block her.

Queen Susan saw a tire repair shop, a dentist's office, and choir practice this week. She's becoming quite well-travelled.

In other news
  • My 3rd and 4th batches of Kombucha are still brewing. Tomorrow is tasting day
  • I ordered a 2.5 gallon crock for MORE Kombucha brewing. The natives are restless on their short rations and look forward to a less limited supply.
  • The entire first batch of sauerkraut disappeared (into tummies) and a second batch will be ready tomorrow.
  • We picked a dozen spears of asparagus yesterday and will pick at least that much today.
  • No one rear-ended us this week.
  • Tomorrow should be shoe-shopping for Filia.
  • I really have no excuse not to start some sourdough starter. I have rye berries, I have water, I have a 2 qt ceramic pot...

No comments: