Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Summer, Full Speed Ahead!

Summer is finally here. The books are edited, the bookkeeping is caught up, and my days stretch ahead of me like summer days. It will take me a day or two to get used to having an empty slate in the morning. Not that it's really empty ... its just that the Tyranny of the Urgent is gone and I can now turn to the Delights of the Organized Person. Or at least pretend that it's that way.

On the needles now is the Triinu Scarf from Nancy Bush's book. I'm using a laceweight yarn and decided to play with 9-st nupps. So far, so good! All my other knitting projects are done at the moment. No socks, no sweaters, no nothing. There are things on the horizon, but they're not here yet. And - with one book left to use in Knit From Your Shelf 2009, I'm starting to think about next year. I just got Haapsalu Sall (which doesn't count for this year, because I said so.) Maybe next year will have an Estonian theme! Or a Baltic theme. Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania could keep me quite occupied.

No comments: