Saturday, August 22, 2009

Socks, Triinu, and Salsa

STS. Yes, if that acronym sounds familiar, then the title of this post is a reminder. Where Are Those Photos?!?

But of course, I had to cover myself, and get the photos of MY newly blocked scarf up first. Triinu (the mini-Triinu, actually) is blocked. And I have photographic evidence to prove it!


So, that covers the Triinu part of things. The socks were a desperation project. One simply can't not have a traveling project, especially if one plans to sit in the car for 5 hours. So, I snagged what yarn I had enough of to make a pair of socks, packed it, almost forgot my needles (yikes!) and knit. Day 1 saw 2 pair of child's socks knit up in Esprit on size 6 needles, and I got through another 3.5+ socks in the rest of the time. And next week, I'll be getting more sock yarn! I love getting yarny boxes in the mail.

The last project in the Knit from your Shelf 2009 is going to be the Sandwater Jumper in blue, from The Art of Fair Isle Knitting. I'm hoping to order the yarn directly from Jamieson and Smith, except their website doesn't quite have a shopping cart yet. I'm hoping e-mail will work.

And as for the Salsa? If life gives you ripe tomatoes, you make salsa! That's on the docket for the rest of the morning. The hard part is peeling the critters. Then comes adding Mrs. Wages' mix, and it'll be practically done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

just waiting on my honey to download the photos and email them to me...
yes, I have negotiated a camera docking station all my own, why do you ask? I'm really not good at the dependency thing...
I'd take pictures with the phone, but we are in the midst of a thunder storm. In other words, natural light is nonexistent at the moment.
M

Anonymous said...

almost forgot, Mini-Triinu looks fabulous!!!

Rachel said...

Triinu looks Wonderful!!! Is this going to be entered in the Fair???

Alison said...

Your scarf is lovely! So classic and classy at the same time!