Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Barrrrghtonholes

This is what my desk looked like a few minutes ago. It’s looked like this for the past four hours. I think that perseverance is paying off, and a buttonhole article is starting to take shape. In fact, it’s about halfway shaped, and I entertain fond delusions that the hardest part is over.

The writing process has not been aided by various thuds and slams echoing throughout the house, nor do the hollow sounds of a harp being nudged by a football inspire concentration. But I have been a good girl, have knit eight buttonholes, have written 483 words, and I will cast on for a mitten from Selbuvotter tonight. Unless I decide to work on the pink sock with my new Harmony needles. Unless by the time I finish reading Penrod I decide it’s bedtime.

The Anatolian Mittens are finished. They are a lovely fit after blocking, and their distinct lack of ends was a delightful change from the Fair Isle Mittens. Now, to find a home for them. Anyone need a pair of mittens as a Christmas gift? Perfect for a medium lady's hand, Packer fan, or collector of John Deere memorabilia.



The Wandering Lace socks look much better en foote than they do en deske, so here’s a photo to show off their lace. They’re made with KnitPicks Risata yarn, and I like it. Of course, I like Essential too. Risata will probably be my summer sock yarn of choice. I’m glad they came out with it, since my socks in Dancing are starting to wear seriously.


My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Most Serene Highness Lady Carolyn the Abrupt of Yockenthwait Walden
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title


And lastly, a photo of our sunrise this morning. Filius' window looks to the sunrise, and he was outisde before 7 AM (barefoot on concrete at 37 degrees) taking photos. This is our view to the south.

No comments: