Sunday, August 12, 2007

One piece of finished Tessellated goodness

There's nothing so delightful as knitting Fair Isle. Unless it's finishing Fair Isle and contemplating it while on the foot. Unless it's knitting lace. Or, perhaps, a cookie dough blizzard, or the knowledge that one is in a fine library and doesn't need to leave it for a week. Or maybe a eating a cookie dough blizzard while wearing newly finished Fair Isle socks, sitting in a library (next to a fireplace) with a lace project in the wings?

Let's face it - there are many delightful things in the world. One of them came off my needles yesterday. Another one jumped onto my needles after church today. Even for me, this is not a sock to start during Sunday School.

Vital Statistix (sock 1):
  • Needles: 2.75 mm, US 2
  • Gauge: 9 spi
  • Yarn: Purple - ArtYarns Ultramerino, Purple; KPPPM Periwinkle P451-83, and Louet Gems Linen Grey.
  • Pattern: More Sensational Knitted Socks, Tessellated Socks
Oh, I like this sock. It fits nicely. It feels cushy. It's a tremendous improvement from the tourniquet I made over 15 years ago. I can hardly wait for November.

I cast on another pair of socks for mom this morning. She likes wearing red, white, and blue on holidays ... and so, for her, from Coldwater Collaborative's Regia yarns, we have an appropriate sock.

And lastly, another bookshelf shot.



3 comments:

Holly said...

That is some beautiful sock knitting! I may need that book to my wish list. I really like the first one that I am currently using. Do you have it? I'd love to hear your opinion on how they compare :~)

Anonymous said...

Hey, do you look at your comments? LOL I'm still trying to get in touch with you. I lost all my computer stuff and can't email you.
email me :) id mom 2 boys at q dot com. No spaces :)

Carolyn said...

I do look at my comments (because they come into my inbox). The e-mail I sent came back to me :( and the message I sent to you on your blog didn't go anywhere, and I can't access your blog now.

Head to the WTM Sale and Swap board, and look for a post by me with my usual handle -- that's got my contact info. And if that doesn't work ... I'll be watching the blog!