Wednesday, January 02, 2019

Happy New Year!

Reading Challenge 2018 was successfully completed, thanks to the library's prompt sending of and postal delivery of Arabella of Mars.  I'm all set for 2019 with the Modern Mrs Darcy's reading categories, and may well save A Gentleman in Moscow for my Christmas Eve reading this year.

Although I'd like to call the Sanquhar gloves my first finished object of 2019, they were finished in 2018, on the 29th.  And my next finished object was also finished in December. When the calendar changed to 2019, I had no projects on the needle.  

Twined Fingerless Mitts

That's only because I was between squares on the counterpane.  59 squares down, 21 to go -- and then the borders, and then perhaps an edging. My counterpane listening is The Laughing Cavalier, by Baroness Orczy.  I've two chapters left, and am looking forward to my listening time today.  There's a damsel in distress to rescue!

Today's thing to ponder: "Give heed to yourself..."  What an interesting way to start an instruction.  It's not "give heed to this instruction", but "give heed to yourself".  And so I contemplate -- why?   And what's the etymology of 'give heed' anyway?  What's a heed?  

Destashing 2019 is moving along nicely.

Happy New Year, dear reader!

No comments: