Tuesday, January 05, 2010

The latest edition of Piecework should have been illegal.

Here I am, all set to plan on knitting everything from Folk Knitting in Estonia, when into my mailbox drops Piecework.
It's the knitting issue, which is a major reason why I subscribe to Piecework. The Rovaniemi Mitts came out two years ago in the knitting issue, and I scrambled to get a copy.
This issue is drool-worthy. I've got the Compass Mittens on the needles already, and have popped the Offering Mittens and The Brewster Stocking in to my queue to work on next. I'm torn about whether to knit the stocking using the pattern given in the magazine, or get the reproduction pattern from the author, or recreate the sock at the original gauge from the information in the magazine. There are two or three other things in the magazine I'd like to knit, too. Sigh.
Traveling Sock #1

Rita's Socks from Folk Knitting in Estonia - finished yesterday!
Happy Knitting!

No comments: