Saturday, September 03, 2005

Checking in

What a week this has been. The flooding in New Orleans and Katrina have been a whammy that I can't comprehend. Minnesota has mosquitos and blizzards, but those are relatively easy to deal with. Hunker down, know where the nearest woodburning stove is if the power goes out for a while, and toast marshmallows. Or knit.

Speaking of knitting (and you knew I would), the Parade Blues socks are finished, and I frogged the Two Step socks, one of which is back on the needles. They were just too snug. I suppose I could have found someone with a smaller foot ... but they were also a bit lengthy, and that combination of food would be hard to find. I've got 4 seams to go on the sweater, and all sorts of nice yarn sitting at my feet that is waiting to be used. I suppose I'll start the burgundy/gold vest (like the blue/white one I made earlier) first, but the lace yarn is calling my name.

I would like to proudly report that I have taught our dog the 'down' command. We have a ways to go yet, but if we're in a quiet room, and nothing is going on, and I tell him 'down', he lies down within 30 seconds about 80% of the time. I also may have solved the problem of him telling me where I should be. One squirt bottle of water! In past weeks I've been putting him in his crate 3-5 times a day for unacceptable behavior (aimed at getting me to do something I'm not doing.) That number has been 0 the past two days, and the squirt bottle isn't getting used much. Twice the first day, then once yesterday ... and may the downward trend continue!

We'll be out of town next week, but I'll try and update after we get back.

No comments: