Friday, March 08, 2019

Marching Forward

It's March now, so I can stop posting about snowstorms on the weekends right?  Actually, no.  We're dancing around the edge of a major storm tomorrow, and are in the 3-14" range, based on projections from the last few days.  Wet, heavy snow, they say - with lots of warnings about how shoveling wet, heavy snow can impact one's health.

And then next Wednesday, it'll rain.  With possible flooding, since the storm drains are all iced in.  Fun!

Knitting actually happened in February. I worked up two wee little cardigans in unspun yarn

How to Weigh A Cardigan

Two Cardis, Two Motifs
I learned that the yarn was VERY unprocessed.  It was clean, so far as debris goes - but my 42g cardi lost 2 g in the wash - almost 5% of its weight!  Imagine losing 5% of your body weight in the shower. 

The Counterpane made decent progress, too.  I finished the second short border, and am going to switch back to knitting squares.  Just 15 left!  And then sewing on a border, verifying the length, knitting two long borders, knitting the edging ... in other words, I'm not 'almost' done yet.  I've added a test knit to my knitting plate, and am starting to contemplate a Christmas sweater as well.

I leave you with a photo...

Mug on Hot Pad

No comments: