Wednesday, June 20, 2018

You know that eventful things are happening in my life when I lead off with a picture of hard water scale.
Hard Water Deposits ex Tea Kettle

I've never had such a large deposit break off in one piece before!  It was exciting. 

Vest - in progress
The vest is now completed, and the pattern spreadsheet is ready for one last reality check before I start plugging numbers into the pattern and polish it up a bit.  The vest, in keeping with a Bavarian Twisted Stitch theme, uses a lot of twisted stitches -- including double decreases: left, right, and center.  Some unventing happened to execute those decreases, and Cast On's tech editor had a fabulous way to describe their execution.  (Wish I would have thought of executing them that way!)

As I was about to sew the last seam on the vest, my Ott Light died and bad ballast-y death.  Yesterday, black yarn arrived for a test knit.  Guess what's on my shopping list for today?  A good floor lamp.

Another thing that arrived in the mail earlier in June was a set of HolstGarn Coast color cards.  Sigh.  There are SO MANY colors I'd love to knit up a sweater in.  I propped the cards up next to me so I could contemplate them while I was knitting. Maybe I should run a poll ... Take a look at The Yarnery's offerings and report back in the comments (or colors) which color you like best.

The garden is growing by leaps and bounds, and I really need to get out and spend some time weeding and training a few vines when it is a) not raining and b) too windy for mosquitoes.  The turnips need thinning; kale and chard are making their way onto our dinner table regularly.

Must run ... mom's taxi duty calls.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

They are all yummy colors to wear! Can't go wrong with any of them.
Tried Chard for the first time in my life, it was fine, but Kale is a bit tough for my taste. How do you eat it?

Sara Horn said...

I love kale cooked... I pan fry it with olive oil and add to simple pastas. My mom freezes it to add to smoothies. I agree though that alone like a salad it can be a bit tough, but cooked it's one of my favorites!