Thursday, May 10, 2018

One week into summer ...

We seem to have gone from winter to summer, and now back to spring.  During the lovely warm spell, much yard clean-up happened, and the garden was planted with tomato and pepper seedlings, and beans and  cukes and turnips.  The kale and chard that I planted earlier, along with volunteer dill, calendula, and maple seedlings, are up. 

The maple seedlings are being pulled up.

Yesterday I spotted a hummingbird, and put out the feeder.  Today I saw an oriole.

Oriole

Same oriole?  Or another one?
At supper today, there were 5 male Rose-breasted Grosbeaks jockeying for position.

I finished the sample knit and got that mailed off, put together all the counterpane squares I had, knit #29, and have started in on another sample knit. In the SysAdmin world, I'm trying to learn more about how TransFirst works from the merchant end of things. There's always something to learn!

And, happily, always something to knit. 

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Beautiful Birds