Thursday, April 12, 2018

Between the April Snows

We're having a fun April.  I left Minnesota last Tuesday in the midst of a winter storm, arrived home the day before several inches of snow fell, and a winter storm is supposed to hit this weekend.  After an inch of rain.  Meanwhile, my tomatoes and other seedlings survived my absence and are looking lovely.  Except for the 6 peppers which haven't bothered to sprout yet. 

There's not much photographic evidence that I took a trip to Dallas.  I thought about making sure that I had photos of me and all the people whom I now have more than a virtual acquaintance with ... and decided against it.  I didn't want to focus on orchestrating photos -- so I didn't!  Other people have that gene, and I was part of at least 2 group photos, one of which is on Ravlery.  That leaves you with the following assortment

The Airplane.  A Study in White

The Mustangs of Las Colinas

The Intriguing Dishcloth
Trust a knitter to get a picture of a variation of Grandmother's Favorite Dishcloth, and totally skip getting a picture of her hostess!  Regardless, I had a delightful time.  I saw Cheryl for the first time in a decade or more, met all my co-workers at Dallas Afterschool, spent time with a wonderful assortment of knitters, including several Master Hand Knitting Committee members I'd not met before, and had a bit of time for knitting around the edges.  (My traveling knitting ended up being the counterpane AND a scarf.  Good things, too.  The scarf was in a splitty gray yarn and made for Very Bad Airplane Knitting, so I worked on the counterpane ... until the cable separated a bit from the needle (on a fixed circular), when I switched back to the scarf, until the vendor hall opened on Friday ...  three more squares done, and I'm about halfway through the scarf now. 

It was a delightful trip. 

No comments: