Saturday, July 27, 2019

Time flies!

My weekly blog post has been absent of late - not because of an internet outage, failure to pay the bills, or my exit from this world.  I've just had a full slate of activities, and blogging got sent to the bottom of the list.  No, it got dropped FROM the list.

But here we are, the last Saturday in July, and I do NOT have a full slate of computer activities for this morning, so I'm darting about here and there - updating this, learning about that, chasing down an errant cobweb that catches my eye (and cleaning the shelf above the washer while I'm at it, which led me to notice that the dish soap was placed behind the wallpaper stripper on top of the bathroom cabinets, instead of inside a cabinet where I'd look for it....)  It's bunny trail day!  My family should be glad that these days don't happen often.

The major recent event in my life is that the 'reference item' in so many of my weather photos has, after 20 years of life, passed into firewood and chips.  It's been at least two years in the making ... a dead bit here a dead bit there, then two very dead branches last year... and this year, 80% of the remaining tree was a lovely skeleton.  Great for seeing birds and squirrels and chipmunks running around in the tree, but very bad otherwise.


As of yesterday afternoon, we have either a very tall stump, or a very unfinished totem pole in our front yard.  And some rather squished flowers.  They'll recover - if not this year, then the next.  Unless the sun does them in.  The jury is still out as to what kind of tree will be planted next.  Not a willow, certainly -- two in that spot was sufficient, and I'd like something that doesn't shed quite so much.
My flower garden by the streetis flourishing.  This is the season of Purple Coneflowers, but the daylilies are getting their say in.  The irises bloomed earlier this year, and the lupine - well, winter must not have agreed with them much.  I had one lupine come back, and several wee plants that didn't bother flowering.  Perhaps next year!  The oak tree which was planted when the street project wrapped up is growing nicely.


I got a box of yarn since I last blogged.  It's turned into swatches for a TKGA project, and let me tell you -- it was strange to work with wool.  My 'backburner' project for the past 18+ months has been in warp cotton.  It's coming along nicely.  If the above box hadn't arrived, it *might* have been finished in time for this year's fair -- but the box did arrive, so the completion date is definitely going to be after fair time. 

Adieu!

No comments: